Grant of 15% Special Allowance Punjab Notification 20 June 2022. Punjab 15% Special Allowance Notification from 20 June 2022. GOVERNMENT OF THE PUNJAB FINANCE DEPARTMENT Dated Lahore the 20th July 2022 announced Grant of 15% Special Allowance from 1st March 2022.
In this regard GOVERNMENT OF THE PUNJAB FINANCE DEPARTMENT announced a notification attached below.
Grant of 15% Special Allowance Punjab 20 June 2022 Notification
GRANT OF SPECIAL ALLOWANCE — 2022 TO THE EMPLOYEES OF THE GOVERNMENT OF PUNJAB IN BS 1-19 WHO ARE NOT RECEIVING ANY CADRE I SERVICE SPECIFIC ALLOWANCE. I am directed to state that the Governor of the Punjab has been – pleased to sanction Special Allowance — 2022 with effect from March 1°, 2022 and till further orders to the Civil Servants of the Punjab Government in BS-1 to BS-19 @ 15% of Basic Pay Scales, 2017 and contract employees employed against civil post in basic pay scale BS-1 to BS-19 subject to the following that the Allowance shall: –
- be subject to Income Tax.
- be admissible during leave and entire period of LPR except Outing extra ordinary leave.
- not be treated as part of emoluments for the purpose of calculation of pension / gratuity and recovery of House Rent.
- not be admissible to the employees during the tenure of their posting / deputation in Federal / Other Provincial Government including AJK & GB as well as deputation abroad.
- be admissible to the employees on their repatriation from posting / deputation at the rate and amount which would have been admissible to them they had not proceeded on deputation.
2. Those employees who are drawing any type of cadre / service specific allowance(s) are not entitled to the aforesaid Special Allowance. The subject allowance is only admissible to the employees who are drawing their pay in the relevant basic pay scale along with only following allowances: –
- House Rent Allowance
- Conveyance Allowance
- Medical Allowance
- Adhoc Relief Allowance, 2016, 2017, 2018,2019 & 2021
3. The conditions mentioned in the Finance Department earlier clarifications bearing No.FD.SR-V.3-1/2021 dated 13.08.2021 and No.FD.SR-V.3- 2/2021 dated 15.03.2022 regarding grant of Special Allowance-2021 @ 25% will also be applicable to Special Allowance-2022 @ 15% of basic pay scale 2017.
4. Furthermore, the subject allowance is not admissible to the employees drawing lump-sum pay packages as well as employees of Autonomous Bodies, Special Institutions and Companies.
5. The aforementioned allowance shall be paid in the Financial Year 2022-2023. Moreover, the concerned DDO, the Accountant General, Punjab and the concerned District Account Officer, as the case may be, shall be responsible to ensure its payment to the eligible employees only. In case of overpayment to ineligible employees, these authorities and offices shall be held personally responsible even if any such recovery is effected against such wrong payment(s).