If you’re a kind of WordPress bloggers who go attempting to find lovely WordPress themes outdoors the WordPress repository then this put up is for you. I’ve come throughout many websites providing some breathtakingly lovely themes. However these themes are by no means submitted to the WordPress repository. As an alternative they’re made obtainable at no cost obtain from the developer’s web page. Have you ever ever thought what the catch is?
It is probably not true for all of the websites on the market (as they are saying, exceptions are at all times there) however most of them have sponsored hyperlinks within the footer. And these usually are not the standard credit score hyperlinks pointing to the writer. They could include any anchor textual content – DVD copy; USB cable; mortgage loans; lyrics; and so forth. And also you by no means know what sort of websites they hyperlink to. Merely put, the theme will find yourself putting some spammy hyperlinks in your web site – hyperlinks to unrelated websites with uncertain high quality. I needn’t let you know the sort of havoc it may possibly play along with your search engine marketing.
If allowed by the theme utilization phrases and circumstances, you might want to edit the footer in such circumstances. However while you open the footer file, you see that the whole lot is in Greek and Latin – one thing like this:
My Goodness! This isn’t the standard footer file I had been taking part in with. How do I edit it?
Don’t panic, that is what they name encrypted footer. You’ll be able to merely name it footer with hidden code. So earlier than you proceed to edit, you must decode it. And imagine me it’s under no circumstances troublesome. Right here’s how we do it:
- Open the footer file to edit.
- Add the phrases: ‘encryption begins’ initially of the file and ‘encryption ends’ on the finish of the file. Reserve it by clicking on ‘Replace File’.
- Open the homepage of the location in a browser.
- Go to the supply of the homepage. In Web Explorer: View -> Supply; & in Firefox: View -> Web page Supply
- Within the supply file, lookout for the phrases: ‘encryption begins’ and ‘encryption ends’. It will likely be in direction of the top. You may also use the ‘discover’ operate (Ctrl+F).
- Copy the whole lot in between ‘encryption begins’ and ‘encryption ends’. Substitute your full footer content material with this. And naturally, save the footer by clicking on ‘Replace File’.
That’s it. Now you’ve a decrypted, regular footer. Go bonkers over it. Delete the spammy hyperlinks. Add those you want. Edit the file the way in which you need. Nevertheless, see to it that it doesn’t violate the phrases of use.