The Donald A. Wehrung Foreign Student Award honors excellent international undergraduate students from impoverished or war-torn countries who have excelled academically despite adversity and would otherwise be unable to attend university without financial aid.
Institute: University of British Columbia
Program: Bachelor’s Degree Program
Deadline: 1 Dec 2021 (annual)
Study Place: Canada
Course Timeline: Course starts 2022
University of British Columbia in Canada is the host institution.
UBC undergraduate degrees that are eligible
Group to be targeted:
Students from other countries
Scholarship Worth, Benefits, and Duration:
The Award’s value is proportional to your documented financial need and is adequate to cover living expenses as well as tuition for your degree programme.
If you maintain acceptable academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and retain your Canadian study permit, the Award may be extended for up to three further years of undergraduate study or until you complete your degree – whichever comes first (student visa).
To be considered for the International Leader of Tomorrow Award, please complete the following form.
- You must be an international student with a Canadian study permit who will be studying in Canada.
- You must be transferring from a recognised high school or from your first year at a post-secondary college or other university to attend UBC.
- You must have graduated from high school no more than two years prior to the academic year for which you are applying. Applicants for the class of 2022, for example, must have graduated from high school no sooner than June 2020.
- You must be pursuing your first bachelor’s degree.
- You must have a high level of academic accomplishment (achieve all As or equivalent standard).
- You must show that you have a financial need that would prohibit you from obtaining a UBC degree otherwise.
- You must fulfill all of UBC’s entrance criteria, including the English Language Admission Standard and general and degree-specific requirements.
To be considered for the International Scholars programme, you must be nominated by your school or non-profit organisation and submit a letter of recommendation from an academic referee. Confirm that your school or non-profit can nominate you, and let your nominator and academic referee know that you want to apply for the International Scholars Program. By December 1, 2021, submit your award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC. By February 1, 2022, you must have met the UBC English Language Admission Requirement.
To access the online application form and complete information on how to apply for this scholarship, go to the official website (see below).
Official Scholarship Website Click here