It has been solely three months because the nubia Pink Magic 6 launch, and we’re already getting one other model of the gaming-centric flagship – nubia Pink magic 6R. This new (R)acing mannequin is meant to be the mainstream model with extra elegant seems, a smaller and light-weight physique, and a greater selfie digicam. The Pink Magic 6R needs to be holding the spectacular gaming package the unique mannequin provided, so we all know we’ll be in for a deal with.
The very first thing everybody would discover concerning the nubia Pink Magic 6R is the simpler on the eyes design. The flashy colours are gone, changed by elegant silver or black paint with the naked minimal of ornamental components. Gone is the built-in fan, which makes for a thinner and lighter physique. Let’s hope the improved passive cooling system is as much as the job.
The display has shrunk a bit – its diagonal is now 6.67-inch, down from 6.8″. And whereas it is nonetheless an AMOLED with 10-bit coloration help, its refresh fee maxes out at 144Hz, down from 165Hz. We’re not certain we are able to contemplate this as a loss as a handful of video games supported the tremendous excessive refresh fee anyway.
The Pink Magic 6R has saved the identical Snapdragon 888 5G chip. The 400Hz pressure-sensitive triggers are right here to remain. Sadly, the Pink Magic 6R has misplaced its high speaker and it has no 3.5mm audio jack.
The 64MP main and 8MP ultrawide cameras stay an identical to those on the Pink Magic 6, however they obtained as companions a greater 5MP macro and a 2MP depth sensor. The selfie digicam has gotten a lift, too; it is now 16MP, up from 8MP.
Lastly, the smaller Pink Magic 6R physique accommodates a smaller battery – it is now a 4,200mAh cell with 30W charging for the worldwide models and 55W charging for the Chinese language model. The Pink Magic 6 had a 5,050mAh battery with 66W quick charging. We are going to discover these extra in our battery and charging chapters, after all.
ZTE nubia Pink Magic 6R specs at a look:
- Physique: 163.0×75.3×7.8mm, 186g; Gorilla Glass Three entrance, aluminum body, glass again; Strain delicate zones (400Hz touch-sensing).
- Show: 6.67″ AMOLED, 1B colours, 144Hz, 770 nits (peak), 1080x2400px decision, 20:9 facet ratio, 395ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm): Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680); Adreno 660.
- Reminiscence: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 128GB 12GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS/Software program: Android 11, Redmagic 4.0.
- Rear digicam: Vast (primary): 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/1.73″, 0.8µm, PDAF; Extremely vast angle: Eight MP, f/2.0, 120˚, 13mm, 1/4.0″, 1.12µm; Macro: 5 MP; Depth: 2 MP.
- Entrance digicam: 16 MP, f/1.8, (vast).
- Video seize: Rear digicam: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps; Entrance digicam: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 4200mAh; Quick charging 55W – China, Quick charging 30W – International, Energy Supply 3.0, Fast Cost 4.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (underneath show, optical).
Identical to the Pink Magic 6, the 6R isn’t waterproof. And it would not supply a microSD card slot.
In line with the official web site, the Pink Magic 6R needs to be appropriate with the Ice Dock RGB cooler and the E-Sports activities Deal with, which is an efficient factor if you wish to squeeze the utmost of your gaming telephone.
Unboxing the nubia Pink Magic 6R
The Pink Magic 6R comes packed inside a wonderful black field. It incorporates the telephone, a pink USB cable, a 30W energy brick, and a pink 3.5mm-to-USB-C adapter.
The paper compartment incorporates a clear silicone case and a few paperwork.