Netherlands Scholarship by University of Twente (UTS). University Twente Scholarships (UTS) are scholarships for outstanding students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries who are applying to the University of Twente for a graduate programme (MSc).
University: University of Twente
Program: Master’s Degree
Timeline: 1 Feb 2022 (annual)
Course starting from September 2022
The Netherlands’ University of Twente
Fields of study
Qualifying Master’s Programs at the University include:
- The field of applied physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Administration of Business
- Information Technology for Business
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Administration
- Communication Science
- Computer Science
- Engineering and Construction Management
- Science and Technology in Education
- Applied Mathematics
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems are a subset of embedded systems.
- Management of the Environment and Energy
- European Studies (ES)
- Science of Health
- Industrial Design Engineering is a kind of engineering that deals with the design of products for
- Industrial Engineering and Management is a field of study that combines engineering and management.
- Technology for Interaction
- Mechanical Engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with machines.
- Nanotechnology is a type of technology that is used to make small objects
- Science, Technology, and Society Philosophy
- Administration of the State
- Technology for Long-Term Energy Sustainability
- Control and Systems
Approximately 50 people
Group to be Targeted
Students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries are welcome (see the official website for complete list)
Scholarship Amount and Duration
For one year, the scholarship varies from € 3,000 to € 22,000 in value. When students complete a two-year study programme and fulfil the UTS process criteria, they can get an extra UTS in the amount of the first year.
Candidates must meet all of the following prerequisites to be considered for a UTS:
- Applying for a UT scholarship is a distinct process from applying for a programme at the University of Twente. Regardless of your financial situation, you must first get an entrance letter.
- You have been accepted (provisionally) into one of the qualified UT Master’s programmes for the academic year 2022/2023. (September). Please keep in mind that receiving your findings after submitting your application might take up to 8 weeks.
- You must have a student identification number.
- You have not completed a graduate programme at UT.
- You meet the requirements for getting a visa to enter the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You pass the general English language proficiency test. Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT 90) with an extra 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the speaking skills subscore
- You are not qualified for a student loan in the Netherlands;
- The University Twente Scholarship is a merit-based award for outstanding students. This usually denotes that you are among the top 5% to 10% of your class.
You must first apply for a Master’s programme. You can apply for the scholarship using your student number once you’ve applied for a Master’s programme and obtained a (conditional) acceptance letter. The deadline for Round 1 applications, which open on October 15, 2021, is 1 February 2022, and for Round 2 applications, which open on February 1, 2022, the deadline is 1 May 2022.
To begin the application process and for full information on how to apply for this scholarship, go to the official website (link below).
Click here for Official Scholarship Website