International Students Scholarship by Maastricht University Holland. Every academic year, the Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme awards 24 full scholarships of €29,000.00 (including tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend) to highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been accepted to a Master’s programme at UM.
The Holland High Potential Scholarship is made up of two scholarships: a High Potential Scholarship and a Holland Scholarship.
University : Maastricht University.
Degree Program: Master’s Degree.
Timeline: 1st February 2022.
Course starting from September 2022.
Maastricht University is located in Maastricht, the Netherlands.
List of Master’s programmes that are part of this scholarship programme. The revised list will be posted on the official website in the near future.
Amount of Awards
Group to be targeted
International students from non-EU/EEA countries.
Scholarship worth and benefits
The scholarship covers living costs (€12,350 for 13 months; €23,750 for 25 months), health and liability insurance (€700), visa application fees (€192), tuition fees (€13,800, €16,000, or €16,800, depending on your study program’s tuition), and pre-academic training expenditures.
The scholarship is for the duration of the Master’s programme — 13 months for a one-year master’s programme and 25 months for a two-year master’s programme.
Eligibility Criteria for International Students Scholarships from Maastricht University Holland
The following conditions must be met by all candidates:
- You are a citizen of a country that is not a member of the EU/EEA and fulfil the conditions for getting a visa and a residence permit in the Netherlands.
- You do not have dual citizenship with an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied to Maastricht University for a full-time Master’s programme for the academic year 2022-2023. (available at the official website in October 2021)
- You fulfil the prerequisites for admission to the UM Master’s programme to which you have applied.
- In the Netherlands, you have never attended a degree-seeking higher education programme, a primary education programme, or a secondary school programme. Students who have participated in exchange programmes in the Netherlands are eligible to apply.
- You will not be 35 years old on September 1, 2022.
- You have achieved exceptional achievements in previous educational programmes, as evidenced by your most recent grade transcript or academic excellence certification. If multiple candidates are equally eligible, we will give precedence to those whose academic transcripts or certified letters of academic achievement show that they are in the top 5% of scholarship programme applicants for the 2022/23 academic year.
Application Procedure for International Students Scholarships from Maastricht University Holland
To apply for the scholarship, you must first enroll in one of Maastricht University’s participating Master’s Programmes (MA). You will obtain a student ID number after submitting your application via Studielink, which you will need to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form. After that, you must complete the application form, add the necessary papers, and submit your application online. The deadline for applications is February 1, 2022.
To obtain the application form and comprehensive information on how to apply for this scholarship, go to the official website (link provided below).
Click Here to visit Official Scholarship Website