Install NS3 and VMware in Windows 7 and 10.
Install NS3 and VMware in Windows 7 and 10. If you are feeling trouble in installing NS3 in window. Then you have to read this post step by step. Here you will learn that hoe to install VMware? How to make a virtual machine using VMware?
In this tutorial we will use the following software combination for installing NS3 in window.
- VMware 9.0
- 32-bit PC (i386) desktop image
- NS3 3.30 (Latest Version)
Download links of all these software are given at the post end.
There would be many other processes for installing NS3 in windows using VMware. But I have tried these software combinations of window 7, window 10 and Ubuntu 16.04.
First of all you have to install VMware 9 software in your system.
1. Right click on the VMware setup and run as administrative
2. Click next button
3. Click on typical and press next in all coming windows till installation completion.
4. After the complete installation the bellow window will be displayed.
Installation of Virtual machine / Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Create on a new virtual machine. press link
- Press in typical checkbox and press next.
- Click “installer disk image file” and press browse button
These pressings will leads you into your system and you have to select you’re your Ubuntu disk image or ISO file.
Then press next button.
After the all above process easy installation window will be open. You have to fill that window according to your requirements. Sample image attached below.
and then press next …. till completion.
Before completion there will be an option foe hardware configuration. Its upto you that you want to change those settings or not.
After these all operation your virtual machine Ubuntu is installed successfully.
Now virtual machine Ubuntu will take some time for its file copying and installation.
Installation and Downloading of NS3
Our virtual machine in now installed and ready for the installation of NS3 in our virtual machine.
Please follow these steps for the installation and downloading of NS3.
Many fellows feels problem in sharing file between window 7 and virtual machine. So you have to download NS3 setup through Virtual Machine / Ubuntu.
- Click on the browser / Mozilla in Ubuntu screen / Virtual Machine.
- Write this link in browser ( https://www.nsnam.org/releases/ ).
- Download NS3 3.30 version.
- After downloading extract the NS3 in desktop.
NS3 installation begins here.
Run the below 2 commands in desktop terminal that will open by (CTRl + ALT + T).
1. Sudo apt-get updates (then enter password that you enter in easy installation process)
2. Then install the following libraries and press enter
sudo apt-get install gcc g++ python python-dev mercurial bzr gdb valgrind gsl-bin libgsl-dev libgsl2 flex bison tcpdump sqlite sqlite3 libsqlite3-dev libxml2 libxml2-dev libgtk2.0-0 libgtk2.0-dev uncrustify doxygen graphviz imagemagick texlive texlive-latex-extra texlive-generic-extra texlive-generic-recommended texinfo dia texlive texlive-latex-extra texlive-extra-utils texlive-generic-recommended texi2html python-pygraphviz python-kiwi python-pygoocanvas libgoocanvas-dev python-pygccxml
This will take upto one an hour or depending upon your internet speed.
Read More: How to Install NLTK in python
Now open (ns-allinone-3.30.1) NS3 extracted folder then.
2. ./build.py —enable-examples –enable-tests
Now open ns-allinone-3.30.1ns-3.30.1 folder then.
1. ./waf –build-profile=debug –enable-examples –enable-tests configure
NS3 has installed successfully. Now run it by following procedure
Open ns-allinone-3.30.1ns-3.30.1 then open in terminal and run this command
1. ./waf –run hello-simulator.
Commands for enabling NetAnim
open ns-allinone-3.30.1 then
1. sudo apt install qt4-default qt4-qmake
Then right click on the folder of netanim-3.108 and run the following
1. qmake NetAnim.pro
After this NetAnim window will be open and shows the following window.