Image Segmentation Techniques and Real-World Applications. Here you will know that What is meant by Image segmentation. What are main techniques for image segmentation. As well as what are real world application of image segmentation.
What is segmentation?
Image segmentation is the process of partitioning an image into a collection of connected sets of pixels. The goal of segmentation is to simplify change the representation of an image into something that is more meaningful and easier to analyses.
- 157 Appraising Officer Jobs Federal Board of Revenue157 Appraising Officer Jobs Federal Board of Revenue. FPSC has announced consolidated advertisement no 03. FPSC Consolidated advertisement no 03 contains more than 180 jobs in different department.
- Research Officer Jobs (BS-17) Through PPSC.Research Officer Jobs (BS-17) In Punjab Public Service Commission. Punjab Public Service Commission has announced latest jobs advertisement which contains jobs for Research Officer (BS-17).
- Types of interview. Using Interviews in a Research ProjectTypes of interview – Using Interviews in a Research Project. Trent Focus for Research and Development. The interview is an important data gathering technique involving verbal communication between the researcher and the subject. Interviews are commonly used in survey designs and in exploratory and descriptive studies.
- Proposal write-up? How to write a Research Proposal?Proposal write-up? How to write a Research Proposal?. Here you will learn that how to write a research proposal before conducting a research. Complete step by step methodology of Proposal write up is given below.
- CMMS Scholarship announced by PEEF/HEC Punjab Govt.CMMS Scholarship Program by PEEF/ HEC Govt. of Punjab. The Punjab Educational and endowment Fund Scholarships are announced with collaboration of Chief Minister Merit Scholarship (CMMS) Program. Higher Education, Government of Pakistan. Fully funded international PhD Scholarships.
Image segmentation is typically used to locate objects and boundaries like lines, curves in images. It is the process of assigning a label to every pixel in an image.
Three main techniques to do.
- Region based segmentation
- Edge based segmentation
Thresholding is finding histogram of gray level intensity.
- Basic Global Thresholding
- Multiple Threshold
- Variable Thresholding
- Otsu’s Technique
Basic Global Thresholding
- Primarily Segment image use:
- Calculate the average intensity m1 and m2 for the pixels.
- Calculate a fresh threshold:
T = ½(m1 + m2)
- Until the variance between values of T is minor than a predefined parameter.
Real-world applications of image segmentation.
1. Machine vision
2. Deep Learning
3. Medical imaging, including volume rendered images from CT (Computed Tomography) and MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging).
4. Measure tissue volumes
5. Surgery planning
6. Intra-surgery navigation
7. Locate tumors and pathologies
8. Virtual surgery simulation
9. Diagnosis, learning of anatomical structure
10. Pedestrian recognition
11. Object recognition
12. Face detection
13. Face recognition
14. Recognition Tasks
15. Fingerprint recognition
16. Iris recognition
17. Traffic controller schemes
18. Brake light detection
19. Video investigation
20. Find objects in satellite images like roads, forests, crops.
All above data that is shared here is refraining to the book ZERO-TO-HERO by ARSATH NATHEEM S Copyright © 2017, 2018 by futurebme.com.