You’ll hear that it is a new daybreak for Huawei due to the primary public launch of HarmonyOS. And the brand new MatePad tablets are speculated to usher Huawei’s merchandise right into a Concord period and drop Android for good. However beneath all this PR speak the whole lot boils down to at least one factor – can Concord-operated units rival Android’s and Apple’s? We’ve the MediaPad Professional 12.6 for a evaluate as we speak, and that is what we’re going to attempt to discover out.
First, let us take a look at the specs. The bigger MatePad Professional is a premium machine for positive beginning with a gorgeous physique with a skinny profile. It has a high-res 12.6″ OLED display screen with skinny bezels, a strong Kirin 9000E 5G chipset, a trio of snappers on the again, and an adequately giant 10,050 mAh battery with 40W quick charging.
There are additionally eight extremely highly effective audio system, a 5G choice, and you should buy an M-Pencil stylus for drawing, note-taking and whatnot. The mentioned pencil is wirelessly recharged by way of an built-in magnetic wi-fi charger on one of many sides.
The MatePad Professional 12.6 runs on HarmonyOS 2.0, which relies on a forked model Android 10, and you’ll set up and run a lot of the obtainable Android apps, excluding those counting on Google Providers. There are many Huawei default apps to get you began, whereas AppGallery and third-party shops ought to cowl the remaining. Utilizing third-party app repositories is unavoidable for the foreseeable future.
Right here is the entire specs sheet:
Huawei MatePad Professional 12.6 (2021) specs at a look:
- Physique: 286.5×184.7×6.7mm, 609g; glass entrance, aluminum body; Stylus assist (magnetic).
- Show: 12.60″ OLED, 2560x1600px decision, 5.63:9 facet ratio, 240ppi.
- Chipset: Kirin 9000E 5G (5 nm): Octa-core (1×3.13 GHz Cortex-A77 & 3×2.54 GHz Cortex-A77 & 4×2.05 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G78 MP22.
- Reminiscence: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM; UFS 3.1; NM (Nano Reminiscence), as much as 256GB (devoted slot).
- OS/Software program: HarmonyOS 2.0.
- Rear digicam: Vast (important): 13 MP, f/1.8, PDAF; Extremely extensive angle: Eight MP, f/2.4; Depth: TOF 3D.
- Entrance digicam: Eight MP, f/2.0.
- Video seize: Rear digicam: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps; Entrance digicam: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 10050mAh; Quick charging 40W, Reverse charging 5W, Wi-fi charging 27W, Wi-fi reverse charging 10W.
- Misc: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass.
The MatePad Professional 12.6 has two evident omissions – there isn’t any excessive refresh fee assist for the display screen, and there’s no fingerprint or 3D face scanning biometric safety. The pill does provide face recognition, however it’s of the least safe kind, and we can’t really feel protected leaving our financial institution card information saved on this factor. Splash resistance would have been good, too, however hey, it is a pill in any case.
Unboxing the MatePad Professional 12.6
The MatePad Professional 12.6 arrives packed in a white paper field. Our bundle features a 40W charger, a USB cable, and a USB-C-to-3.5mm adapter.
Huawei says the bundle could range throughout completely different markets, so if you’re – you could wish to verify your native Huawei web site. It will have been good to see the M-Pencil bundled with this Professional mannequin.
Optionally available equipment
There are two equipment you should buy on your MatePad Professional 12.6. The primary one might be vital – the M-Pencil. It is just like the Galaxy Tab S7’s S-Pen – a chargeable stylus, which could be magnetically connected and recharged on the pill itself. It’s full of two additional suggestions – a clear one and a darkish grey one.
And second is the Sensible Magnetic Keyboard. It is precisely what the title suggests – a magnetically attachable keyboard cowl/stand.
There may be additionally a Folio Cowl, however we did not get this one for evaluate.