HEC Revised Policy 2021 for PhD /MS /MPhil /BS Major Changings happens . HEC has announced and major changings for PhD Degree Programs as revised policy aims at rising the quality of education and PhD /MS /MPhil and BS programs.
HEC Policy Revised Policy 2021 Main Points.
- Admission in PhD requires BS/MS/MPhil or equivalent degrees.
- Course work credit hours will be 48 instead of 18 credit hours. It will be completed at least In first 2 years.
- MS degree holder will have maximum of 24 credit hours course exemption and will study at least 24 credit hours course work instead of 18 credit hours earlier.
- Exit in PhD to student who fail in 2 attempts or fail in course work after passing 30 credit hours. Such student will be awarded MS degree.
- GAT general type test will be required for admission in PhD whereas earlier it was GAT subject pattern for PhD.
- Prior Degree in Different Discipline are eligible for apply in other discipline if HEIs allow.
- Deficiency courses for the student admitted in PhD having background in another subject.
- At least one research paper as its first author during his or her doctoral studies in an HEC approved Y category (or above) journal.
- Final thesis can be evaluated locally or from foreign expert.
- PhD duration will be from 3-8 year and can be extended upto 10 year in special circumstances Point from 8 to 10 are allowed for already enrolled students as well.