Faculty Hiring in University of Okara|Advertisement. 2/2019. University of Okara was established under Government of the Punjab Act, 2016 (XIII of 2016). Currently there are about 6000 students and more than 300 faculty/staff members.
University of Okara is one of the most progressive and dynamic institution of higher learning. It is situated on 204 acres of land sandwiched between Multan Road and Canal Lower Bari Doo Aab at Renalakhurd, District Okara.
In order to expand its teaching and research operations the University is seeking highly qualified and exceptionally motivated professionals who could enrich and strengthen academic life the campus.
Applications are invited from Pakistani Nationals for the following positions for appointment under Basic Scale (BS)/Tenure Track System (TTS).
POSTS UNDER BASIC SCALE / TENURE TRACK SYSTEM
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR (Package BS-20/TTS)
|Sr. No||Institute/ Department/ College||Terminal Degree||No of Posts|
|1.||Department of Food Sciences and Technology||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
|2.||Department of Oriental Learning||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
|3.||Department of Tourism & Hospitality Management||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
|4.||Department of Geographic Information System (GIS)||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
|5.||Department of Environmental Sciences||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
|6.||Department of Chemistry||PhD in the relevant field.||02|
|7.||Department of Molecular Biology||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
|8.||Department of Computer Science & IT||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (Package BS-19/TTS)
|Sr. No||Institute/ Department/ College||Terminal Degree||No of Posts|
|1.||Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
|2.||Department of Plant Pathology||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
|3.||Department of Molecular Biology||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
|4.||Department of Biology||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
|5.||Department of Bio Chemistry||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
|6.||Department of Bio Informatics||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
|7.||Department of Genetics||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
|8.||Department of Fine Arts||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
|9.||Department of Public Health||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
|10.||Social Sciences Research Center||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
|11.||Department of Urdu||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
|12.||Department of Food Sciences and Technology||PhD in the relevant field.||02|
|13.||Department of Oriental Learning||PhD in the relevant field.||02|
|14.||Department of Tourism & Hospitality Management||PhD in the relevant field.||02|
|15.||Department of Geographic Information System (GIS)||PhD in the relevant field.||02|
|16.||Department of Environmental Sciences||PhD in the relevant field.||02|
|17.||Department of Mathematics||PhD in the relevant field.||02|
|18.||Department of Botany||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
|19.||Department of Biotechnology||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
|20.||Department of Management Sciences||PhD in the relevant field.||02|
|21.||Department of Zoology||PhD in the relevant field.||02|
|22.||Department of Chemistry||PhD in the relevant field.||03|
|23||Department of Political Science||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
|24||Department of International Relations||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
|25||Department of Computer Science & IT||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
|26||Department of Social Work||PhD in the relevant field.||01|
Instruction for Faculty Hiring in University of Okara
- Ph.D. degree holder will not be considered for Assistant Professor under BS system.
- University of Okara in-service (regular/permanent) Ph. D teachers may apply on BS (if the post is advertised for BS/TTS).
- Foreign degree holders must provide equivalence certificate issued by the HEC.
- All rules in letter & spirit of TTS version 2.0 & BS are applicable.
- The candidates applying for the post of Associate Professors under BS/TTS should submit six copies of applications along with six complete sets of testimonials/ research work/publications/photograph (1×1)/ certificate of any distinction etc., on the relevant prescribed form.
- The candidates applying for the posts of Assistant Professors/Lecturers
under BS/TTS are required to submit one copy of application on the relevant prescribed form along with attested copies of
degrees/certificates/testimonials/ photograph (1×1)/ certificate of any
- Candidates applying for the post of Associate Professors under BS/TTS are required to submit a crossed bank draft/deposit in HBL (A/C No. 01527913908901) of University of Okara of Rs.6000/-.
The candidates applying for the posts of Assistant Professors 4000/-
Lecturers under BS/TTS are however, required to submit a bank draft/ deposit in HBL (A/C No. 01527913908901) of University of Okara of Rs.3000/-. The bank draft should be drawn in favour of the Treasurer, University of Okara.
- Prescribed application forms can be downloaded from University website www.uo.edu.pk.
- Candidates already in service on TTS with any other University/ Institution should attach an NOC clearly stating that if the candidate is
selected, the University/Intuition will relieve him/her under the rules and if such an NOC is not attached with the application, such applications shall be rejected.
- If the candidate who has applied on TTS and selected in any other University during the process of selection, he/she would be required
to send immediately an NOC from the employer, falling which the application will be rejected ab-initio.
- Candidates applying under both systems (BS-TTS) should submit a separate application along with complete documents together with
required postal order/bank draft for each application.
- Candidates already in service should apply through proper channel by due date and submit service certificates issued by their present and former employers, otherwise, their applications will not be entertained. Incomplete applications (in any case) or those received after due date shall also not be entertained.
- Those who have already applied for the post of Associate Professor (Computer Science & IT) against the advertisement No. 1/2018, published by the University of Okara, They don’t need to apply afresh. Their old applications will be entertained.
- Relaxation in upper age limit may be granted to suitable candidates as per rules.
- The quota for disable persons, minorities and women will be observed as per rules.
- The candidates should attach a separate list of attached documents with signature.
- The candidates should mention the date of Notification/Result and time period of the degree in the relevant column of prescribed form.
- In case of Assistant Professor/Lecturer only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
- The University reserves the rights to increase/decrees the number of post, not to fill/withdraw any post, withhold the appointment against any advertised post without assigning any reason.
- The applications (complete in all respect) should reach in the office of the Registrar (General Wing), University of Okara, 2- KM Multan Road Renalakhurd By Pass, Okara, Pakistan.
Last date for submission of applications is.
- Associate Professors: 30-08-2019
- Assistant Professors/Lecturers: 30-07-2019
(During Office Timing).
- The advertisement can be viewed on www.uo.edu.pk
- It must be noted that all posts will be filled according to the HEC Criteria.
ADDL. REGISTRAR (GENERAL)
UNIVERSITY OF OKARA
2- KM Main Multan Road, Renalakhurd By Pass, Okara Pakistan
044-2636072. [email protected]