CMMS Scholarship Program by PEEF/ HEC Govt. of Punjab. The Punjab Educational and endowment Fund Scholarships are announced with collaboration of Chief Minister Merit Scholarship (CMMS) Program. Higher Education Department, Government of Pakistan. Fully funded international PhD Scholarships.
The Govt. of the Punjab has launched Ph.D Foreign Scholarship programme under which eligible male and female students, as per the eligibility criteria set for this scheme from time to time, will be awarded scholarships for Ph.D level Education at the top ranked universities of the world.
The scholarship scheme focuses the meritorious students of Punjab while allocating a special quota for the students of other federating units of Pakistan as well.
APPLICATIONS FOR 2020-21
Applications are invited from eligible male and female Pakistani National who have secured admission in Top 50 QS Ranked (subject wise) Universities of the world.
Life Sciences Medicine Engineering & Technology, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences /Arts & Humanities, Detailed list of preferred subject areas is available at List of Subject Areas, and you can find QS World University Rankings.
Students applying for CMMS should have:
1. Valid PhD admission offer from one of the Top 50 as Ranked (subject wise) Universities of the world, in preferred subject areas.
2. Not less than 60% marks throughout the academic career.
3. Declared monthly family income including self, spouse and parents) is equal or less than Rs, 200,000/-
4. Maximum age of 35 years on 12th may 2020.
5. Not availed any foreign scholarship in the past.
How to Apply
- Secure admission in Top 50 as Ranked (subject wise) Universities of the world in the preferred subject areas as mentioned above.
- Scholarship application form can be downloaded from by Clicking here.
- Send duly filled application form to PEEF Within due date.
- Selected candidates cannot defer the scholarship to the next year.
- Permanent / Regular Faculty members of the public sector teachings / Educational institutions of the Pakistan are not eligible to apply for the Chief Minister Merit Scholarship CMMS Program.
- Preference shall be given to the students having Punjab domicile, however a special quota has also been allocated for other provinces including AJK Gilgit Baltistan (GB), FATA and Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT).
- To get the admission in the university and apply for visa is the responsibility of student/ Applicant.
- Decision of the scholarship Selection committee is final.
- PEEF reserves the right to reject any application or call off the whole selection process without assigning any reason.
PhD Scholarships awarded under CMMS are fully funded and will cover the following costs:
1. Tuition fees of the Degree Course
2. Boarding and Lodging (as per approved rates)
3. Health Insurance
4. Air fare
Discipline wise allocation of scholarships
Allocation of the scholarships is as follows:
1. 80 % scholarships are reserved for science disciplines.
2. 20% of scholarships are reserved for Social Sciences / Humanities and Arts.
Last Date for Applications.
Last Date for the receipt of applications in PEEF Office is 12th MAY, 2020
Applications may be sent to the following address
Manager International scholarships
CHIEF MINISTER MERIT SCHOLARSHIP (CMMS)
The Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF)
Link Wahdat Road, Lahore-54600
Ph: 042-99260051-54 Ext: 140
Cell: 0303-8863308 (Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm).
Important links are given below.