Online applications are invited from eligible candidates domiciled in Punjab, possessing the following qualifications as prescribed in the Punjab Judicial Service Rules, 1994 for appointment against vacant posts of the Civil Judges-cum-Magistrates (BS-17) on temporary basis likely to be permanent.
- An advocate who possesses a degree in Law from a recognized university entitling him/her to practice the profession of law or is a Member of the Faculty of Advocates of Scotland
- An advocate who has actively practiced the profession of law for not less than 02 years after having been enrolled as an advocate. (Two years’ practice as an advocate shall be counted from the date when the Advocate enrolled with any Bar Association under Rule 7.10 read with Rule 7.12 of The Punjab Legal Practitioners and Bar Council Rules, 1974.)
For the purposes of this clause:-
- The expression “practiced the profession of law” shall include any period of Government service by a person as:-
- District Attorney, Deputy District Attorney or an Assistant District Attorney; or
- full time prosecutor authorized to conduct prosecution on behalf of the Government; and
- to prove active practice the candidate shall declare by an affidavit (attached with the application form) that:-
- He/she had been actively practicing the profession of law during two years till closing date of advertisement; and
- during this period he/she had not engaged himself/herself in any other whole time service, business or as the case may be, occupation for gain.
Not less than 22 years and not more than 35 years on 29th June 2019.
BS-17 plus admissible allowances.